Bulls lose a close one to the Phoenix Suns tonight 103-101. I’m kind of disgusted how this game played out. I’m going to try and keep this rant short, so here we go.
1. Bulls shot 29% from 3 (6 for 21). They have really increased the amount of threes they take this year and to be honest that game plan ain’t working. We need Dunleavy back. Someone who can spot up and make these shots. I love Dougie but he’s still a work in progress.
2. 20 turnovers. That’s garbage. Next please.
3. Hinrich goes 0 for 5. We need Captain Kirk to produce off the bench. Move the ball around, get some good looks, and knock down a few. He’s probably one of the better shooters on the team. Most 3-pointers in Bulls history.
4. Mirza Teletovic dropping 20 on us should not happen. Don’t get me wrong I actually like this guy, I have a passion for EuroLeague basketball, but he should not be scoring 20 on the Bulls. Where’s our defense? (Miss you Thibs)
5. Allowing the Suns to score 42 points in the fourth quarter…. Need I say more?
6. Does this team know what boxing out is? It’s textbook. Basketball 101. My sister boxes out better than the Bulls and she’s 5’2. A simple box out prevents Teletovic from getting that board and making that lucky ass shot.
I’m done. The Bulls are 11-7 right now but should really be about 15-3. The defense just isn’t there. We all knew that Hoiberg would bring a system focused on offense but seriously we need to address our defensive struggles. We have given up 130 to Charlotte, 102 to Minnesota, 103 to Phoenix including 42 in the fourth. Not even the offense has impressed me thus far. This team really needs to get it together or this season is on its way toward a downward spiral.
Never forget.. #DefensiveGuru